The only dogs who are in as good of shape as you (Streak) are the police dogs
– At physio today
He is allowed to trot now in the treadmill which was A+ in his books (he is just a little back here because I’m off to the side). His transition point in the water is at 4.2kph.
It sounds like we’ll also be back in time for his last Q.
Sorry you only get treadmill pics of physio since hands are being used to give cookies for the other exercises.
Rehab is going well. We introed power squats today and he nailed it. I def need to teach both tuck and rock back sits in the future though.
We’ve got another checkpoint appointment set up for next Monday. We’re also looking at getting him an orthopedic wrap.
This has become one of Streak’s favourite places.
It worked out perfectly the tubes come apart for easy storage, I can use the same set for my peanuts, my egg, and my donuts, and it ended up being quite cheap and easy to make.
- I cut down some 2″ central vacuum tubing into smaller pieces (four 18″ pieces here, though I think I’m also going to make two 12″ pieces for the peanut so it doesn’t stick out quite as much)
- Drilled some guide holes, then screwed in 3″ long eyebolts. The shaft of the bolt goes all the way through the tube and just touches the other end
- Duct taped one end completely shut
- Filled each tube with quick post concrete. It helps to put a tiny bit of water in first, then about ½ cup of the concrete mix, then some more water so you make sure everything gets wet. Rinse and repeat until it is close to the top.
- When the concrete is dry, remove the duct tape and connect together with the central vac elbows when you want to use them.
For the 50cm peanut I use two flat 24″ bungees. If i want more instability, i’ll only run one 24″ across the middle.
For the 65cm egg, I run two flat 36″ bungees in an X pattern across the top.
Even the floating bone fragment just kind of settled in place. Sutures are still holding fine and the bone has grown around the snapped screw and it is staying in place.
We’re going to go down to monthly laser treatments and start increasing the physio exercises.
Monster has his ultrasound appointment booked for next week which means his leg will be shaved again (just when it was starting to look somewhat normal). Fingers crossed it is just scar tissue and no lesions – I’m pretty sure Ive got enough luck banked for that.
I also should be getting the photos from the shoot I won soon. There are some really wonderful ones of Ratchet. Not quite as many for Prowl though since Prowl was so focused on me he didn’t really look at the camera.